« Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes | Easy Three Cheese Turkey Stuffing Recipe Welcome to Thanksgiving Turkey Recipes »
|Hearty Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe|
Recipe type: Main
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
Make a terrific leftover Turkey Pot Pie with our unique recipe.
- 1 pound cooked leftover turkey breast, cubed (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup leftover turkey gravy (or prepare a packaged mix of turkey gravy)
- 14.5 oz. can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (In the video I mistakenly said 2 teaspoons. It is 2 tablespoons.)
- 15 oz. can mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep-dish pie crust, thawed
- 1 round prepared pie crust for top of pot pie
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a medium pot, combine 14.5 oz. chicken broth with 2 tablespoons cornstarch.
- Turn on the heat and cook, stirring constantly until translucent.
- Add in 1 pound leftover cubed turkey and 1 cup leftover turkey gravy.
- Stir until combined, and then add 15 oz. canned mixed vegetables.
- Cook this mixture until the turkey, gravy, and vegetables are bubbly and heated through.
- If the mixture is thicker than you like, add more chicken broth.
- If it seems too thin, mix a small amount of cornstarch with chicken broth and quickly stir it into the cooking turkey pot pie mixture.
- When cooking is complete, spoon the turkey pot pie mixture into an uncooked deep dish pie crust.
- Fill until near the top, but not so full that it might boil over in the oven.
- Now place a round of pie crust over the top of the filled crust.
- Trim the edges of the pie crust circle to match the size of the deep-dish pie crust.
- Then flute the edges, bringing the deep-dish pie crust and the top circle together.
- Cut a few slits in the top pie crust circle to let steam escape.
- Put the completed turkey pot pie in an oven that has been preheated to 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until the turkey pot pie is bubbly, and the crust is nicely browned and crisp.
- Remove from the oven, and place on a protected counter top. let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with freshly ground pepper, to taste.
This is one of the best comfort foods around–and a great way to use up leftovers!